So, yesterday was a hectic day so I didn't get a chance to post this blog up :( But I'm thinking about posting Mon-Fri and editing videos and stuff for my channel on the weekends... Idk, we'll see. Anyways, Sat. Oct. 5, I signed up and participated in Gandhi Day of Service at my university. Basically organizations sign up to take part in helping the surrounding community. So there were different things like planting trees, seeing the elderly, helping the homeless (and many more). The group that I was in, or should I say switched to lol, we went to the local DCF and helped out with the children who were either in foster care or were adopted. They split us into 3 groups: the infants, 2-3 y/o and 4-6 y/o. I chose to go with the 2-3 y/o and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. They were soooo sweet, excited, and playful. At first, they were a bit nervous and reserved, but after we all got to playing with the leggos, they started to warm up. Some were very shy and others were super aggressive. Little Anna wanted to break down every castle me and Cecile built! Lol. Overall, I enjoyed my experience. I wish we were allowed to take photos with the kids, but because of security and confidentiality reasons, we couldn't. On the bright side, memories are forever and you don't always need a camera to remember moments.
After GDS, my organization, The National Council of Negro Women (NCNW), had a social/get together for the new members. Omg, it was soo much FUN! Honestly, I believe all the girls enjoyed themselves and had a great time. Nobody seemed bored and we all got to get to know one another a bit more. I had a section off to the side to talk about hair/makeup. I let them know I had a YT channel, which before I didn't want ANYBODY to know about lol. I spoke to them about foundations, eyeshadows, mascara, and any basic beginner things they might've had questions on. We talked about hair, hair products, and places where they could get their hair done, inexpensively of course lol. All in all, I had an amazing time and I'm so excited about whats to come for the upcoming year for NCNW! :)

Top: F21
Skirt: Giti
Sandals: Wet Seal
Bag: Urban Outfitters
Watch: Target
Necklace: F21
xox,
dvwm.
After GDS, my organization, The National Council of Negro Women (NCNW), had a social/get together for the new members. Omg, it was soo much FUN! Honestly, I believe all the girls enjoyed themselves and had a great time. Nobody seemed bored and we all got to get to know one another a bit more. I had a section off to the side to talk about hair/makeup. I let them know I had a YT channel, which before I didn't want ANYBODY to know about lol. I spoke to them about foundations, eyeshadows, mascara, and any basic beginner things they might've had questions on. We talked about hair, hair products, and places where they could get their hair done, inexpensively of course lol. All in all, I had an amazing time and I'm so excited about whats to come for the upcoming year for NCNW! :)






Top: F21
Skirt: Giti
Sandals: Wet Seal
Bag: Urban Outfitters
Watch: Target
Necklace: F21
IG: numajor
xox,
dvwm.
No comments:
Post a Comment