Today was..... interesting, to say the least. At 11:30a I attended an event, the 6th Annual 'Walk A Mile in Her Shoes' event at my university. Its an event that brings domestic violence to the light and its a men's march to stop rape, sexual assault, and gender violence. Some of the men that participated walked a mile in women's heels and afterwards, whoever walked the full mile in heels, got a certificate of completion. But boy was I surprised by how well the men had their walking down packed. Some weren't as coordinated, but they put in effort! Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the walk because I had class at 12:30, but I didn't miss the most valuable part. They had a keynote speaker named Melissa Dohme who is a survivor of a domestic violence attack; a VICIOUS attack. Long story short, she got stabbed 36 times, flat-lined 4 times, and had a stroke which damaged the right side of her face. But the happy ending to this brutal attack is that she finally found what true love is- she found love with one of the firefighters who saved her life <3


I ALWAYS take the most awkward pics when I'm in front of people, lol.
After her speech, I went to my only on campus class. We reviewed what was to be expected on the test. Honestly, I'm pretty nervous and even though he reviewed some things, I'm still anxious and don't know what type of tricks my brain has in store for me Thursday.. Besides that, the weather was decent this morning. Although, soon as it hit 1 o'clock, the sun decided to show face... and it was SERVING heat.
Following my class, I decided to chill on campus for a bit and just listen to some music on a bench nearby a tree. I'm not the one for all the nature stuff, but the breeze felt nice.


This post will be super long if I post about my outfit lol. Theres a separate post on my outfit details :) Check it out. Thanks for reading!
IG: numajor
xox,
dvms.
No comments:
Post a Comment