Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 9-10 2013

October 9, 2013

So I woke up pretty early that Wednesday (8:35a). I think it's because I went to bed early Tuesday night (1:15a). I had made plans to go deliver prom/homecoming dresses to a high school over in Plant City, FL. I didn't know what to expect. Like, whether it would be a bunch of girls lined up and if they would actually like the dresses we were bringing, but beggars can't be choosers right? Right. Oh! you might be all lost right about now lol. NCNW is an org of org and within my org, there is a committee based on giving out prom/homecoming dresses & heels to high schools in the area, well at least to the girls who fill out an application for it. We get the prom dresses from college students who don't want their old dresses. Back to what I saying tho lol. Two of us ended up going (including myself) because others weren't free to go. There were only two girls who needed dresses and apparently they were in ESE. Y'all. Those girls DID NOT look like they were suppose to be in ESE. Na uh, its something goin on here. I mean, I guess the definition of ESE has changed over the years, huh? We spent about 2 hours with theses girls and I got to talking with one of them, so that she would feel comfortable. Unfortunately I couldn't take pics of them because they were minors, but I wish I could've! While one of the girls was talking to me, I could see cuts on her arm. Soon as I seen that, it just made my day go upside down. I felt SOOO bad. Its like I wanted to jump into counselor mode and ask her how she's been feeling and what makes her cut, but I had to remember I was a dress deliverer for the day haha. She wore a lot of black and she only had one pair of shoes, which were the ones she had on. They were knee high, beat up black combat boots. The social worker at the school gave those to her. When I asked her what shoes would she be wearing for prom, she picked up the dress she was trying on and looked down at the boots. There was no sign of depression or even a slight hint of embarrassment when she told me she'd wear those to prom. When we were about to leave, all they kept saying was "thank you so much, thank you." Made my heart smile. 



  

October 10, 2013

So today was my midterm for my Health class! I'm hoping for a solid B... maybe an A, but I guess a B would be alright. Eh, I want that A :( Today I decided to be a bit made up lol. I put on a purple lip and headed out. I'll have a post on my outfits in a compilation video lol. I'm working on it just wait for next Thursday or the Thursday after that haha. 

xox,
dvwm

No comments:

Post a Comment